Friday, February 10, 2012

Flowers for Mad Men

I can't even begin to tell you how excited I am to be finally launching my little business ~ Oak & the Owl. It feels like it has been a long time coming and in many ways, it has. The planning (followed by the scrapping of those plans to go back to the drawing board again) has been going on for a mere 6 months, but it feels like forever!   I've done a few really fun events over the past few months that I can't wait to blog about, the first being the AMC launch party for the new season of Mad Men. When I got the call asking if I was available, I was so excited that I immediately started researching the characters, the interior design and fashion aesthetic of the era, etc.. I knew enough from what I had seen on ads and from the inescapable buzz this show produces that it was going to be a fun project, and I wasn't disappointed. Why did I need to do research on one of the most popular shows on TV, you may ask? I hate to admit it, but... I've never seen an episode!  I know, I know, where have I been?!? I blame it on being a mother to an adorable and exhausting toddler with little time to watch TV. But really... that's no excuse

So back to the flowers...

The client wanted all red flowers in black containers to go with the identity boards (I believe that's what they're called...) they had created for the party.



After walking through the space where the event was held, it made perfect sense and the overall look was super stylish and pretty sexy. How can red and black be anything but, right?




As I was walking back and forth to my car to unload I kept hearing Wilson Phillips songs being performed and I was thinking to myself, why would someone be covering Wilson Phillips here? On my third round I ran into Carnie Wilson, ha! They were warming up for the launch party of their new reality TV show. After that I kept my eyes peeled for more celebrities and thought I saw Taylor Lautner but it was just some kid getting his head shots taken. Working in LA has certainly been fun and funny...




After reading this seasons tag lines I was intrigued enough to go home and immediately put the first seasons of Mad Men in my Netflix cue. I can't wait for them to arrive so I'll know what everyone is talking about!


So, welcome to Oak & the Owl's blog! Please visit again soon as I'll be posting weekly (hopefully) about the fun and beautiful things going on with O & the O. Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment