Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Fall Inspired shoot w/ Ellie Rose Photographie

The following photos are from a lovely shoot I worked on with Danielle Sidari of the LA branch of Couture Events and Melissa of Ellie Rose Photographie, as well as a handful of other wonderful vendors. It was featured on Green Wedding Shoes which was a huge bonus as I love that blog! But really, these photos are gorgeous and I'm so happy with how the shoot turned out. Enjoy!


Danielle and Melissa put together the idea of a fall shoot with a "mauve" color palette. Mauve is a very hard color in regards to flowers as I can't  think, offhand, of any real mauve flower. But I put together a mix of roses, pinks, and purples, and I think it achieved a mauve effect. The flowers used were: mini callas (Aurora), dark pink cymbidium orchids, mini pink phalaenopsis orchids, garden roses (either Piano or Darcey), parrot tulips, dinner plate Cafe au Lait dahlias, pink asclepias, maidenhair fern, flowering oregano, jasmine, and this awesome fruiting branch that I don't know the name of, nor did anyone at market. If anyone knows, please tell me! It looked like a mix between an avocado and hard fig. Finally, I used boxes of "forest greenery" (mosses, fungi, bark, and branches).




I love this little bout. I tied it with forest green velvet ribbon from Michael Levine's in DTLA.


This beautiful invitation suite was designed by Smitten On Paper.

The fruiting green is noticeable in the photo above. As it aged, it turned yellow...




I love these flower plates Danielle found at Cost Plus - World Market. It was kind of crazy how closely they matched the flowers I brought in.











I also loved this cake table set-up. Aracely of Minted & Vintage brought some of her beautiful pieces for the display and they looked perfect. Her business is fantastic and she's a great person to work with. You should check out her inventory of one of a kind cake stands for your next party.



And of course you can't go wrong using Found Vintage Rentals either. I've gushed about them in previous posts, but really, they have such amazing furniture.


   
Ok, that's it for today! I'll be back next week with a quick post. Wedding season is slowing down soon for me, but it's been crazy the last few weeks and the craziness doesn't end till mid October, which is why the blog has been a bit neglected. But, I'm promising to keep up with a post a week!! We'll see how that goes... ;-)

Cheers!

Vendor List

Styling & Coordination: Couture Events (LA Branch) 
Florals: Oak & the Owl
Vintage Rentals: Found Vintage Rentals
Stationary: Smitten on Paper
Dress Boutique: Lovely Bride
Bakery: Stephanie of Magdalynn's Bake Shoppe
Cake Stands & Dessert Rentals: Minted & Vintage
Dress Designer: Ivy & Aster
Hairpiece: Lo Boheme (Frankie Halo)
Make-Up: Lia Klarmann (310-422-8898)
Venue: Grapevine Arbor in San Gabriel


No comments:

Post a Comment