Monday, June 10, 2013

Maternity Shoot w/ Tonya Joy Photography

A few weeks ago my friend Tonya of Tonya Joy Photography told me she wanted to do an impromptu maternity photo shoot with her friends and asked if I would put together a headpiece and vase arrangement. I of course said yes as Tonya’s photos are always beautiful and it was an easy and stress free shoot at the beginning of wedding season when I had a weekend off. I ran to market in LA to pick up a few bunches, then hit Euclid Ave and cut some roses and a pale pink field flower that I don’t know the name of, and got to work. I used my favorite teal milk glass compote because the family pictured are pregnant with a boy and I had chosen very feminine colored flowers. I also used some blue crocheted ribbon for the flower halo to tie into the boy angle. ;-)

I hope you enjoy this pretty little shoot. The photos at the bottom with the beautiful mama in the riverbed are my favorites. Tonya does such a fantastic job with imagery and details. I always love seeing what her mind thinks of next.

1 Oak and the Owl_Maternity Shoot

2 Oak and the Owl_Compote Floral Arrangement

3 Oak and the Owl_English Garden Flowers

4 Oak and the Owl_Pink and Peach Garden Roses

5 Oak and the Owl_Lush Garden Centerpiece

6 Oak and the Owl_Garden Style Florals

7 Oak and the Owl_Floral Headpiece

8 Oak and the Owl_Maternity Shoot with Headpiece

9 Oak and the Owl_Maternity Flowers

10 Oak and the Owl_Soft Pink and Purple Flowers

11 Oak and the Owl_Maternity Shoot

I have lots to blog about now that some events and shoots are being published, I just have to find the time to put the posts together. Hopefully I’ll be more on top of it in the coming weeks. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment