Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Korakia Pensione ~ Palm Springs Wedding Shoot

This shoot was featured on The Wedding Chicks yesterday and I wanted to share more of Lane Dittoe Fine Art Photography's beautiful photos (specifically of the flowers of course!). Lane Dittoe is a photography genius, I swear. I become downright giddy when I open a gallery from him. He gets these gorgeous soft tones yet doesn't lose the details in the flowers. Lane's vision was a soft and earthy feel that worked well with the backdrop of Korakia Pensione in Palm Springs. Korakia is this amazing boutique hotel that is a great spot for an intimate wedding. I loved the space for the Indonesian (or Moroccan?) antiques and architectural details that were all over the property. Definitely a spot I want to go to again. Lane put together an awesome group of professionals for this shoot and I'll point out their contributions with specific photos.


The ever so lovely Naomi Goodman of At First Blush & Company styled this shoot and was a blast to work with. She did a beautiful job with the simplicity this shoot called for and also brought on Sarah Bella, our gorgeous model. Sarah wore the Theia dress from Lovely Bridal Shop, located in West Hollywood. If you're getting married and still looking for your dress, you should check them out. They have an amazing selection and really great price points.


The flowers I used for this bridal bouquet were (locally foraged ;-) garden roses, white scabiosa, parrot tulips, pale yellow orinthagolum, white asclepias, and viburnum. I tied it in three different types of rustic burlap ribbon to complement the natural aesthetic we were going for.


Isn't the groom dapper? I love his bow tie by Preston & Olivia. (You should have seen us trying to figure out how to tie it. Thank goodness for iPhone's.)


I made the boutonniere's out of white scabiosa and viburnum. I tied them with a smaller width of the rustic burlap ribbon I sourced at Michael Levine's in DTLA. Love it there.



I love these shots of the bride holding the bouquet. It really shows the intended scale and shape of flowers in comparison to Sarah (as she's pretty damn tiny).


I was so happy to work with Erica Beukelman of 1011 Make-up and Hair again. She's the nicest person and so fun to be around. Her work is also perfection and it looks as good in person as it does on film (which is saying a lot as film beautifies everything).





Here are a few shots of the vase arrangement I made. I wasn't planning on it getting so huge, but I had some tall viburnum that was really pretty and I used it to its fullest extent. I ended up taping the bowl (something I never do) to help the flowers keep their shape. I was amazed at how much easier taping made things, including transport. The flowers didn't move an inch. But I still prefer to do it the more challenging way whenever possible... ;-)


I used a few different types of flowers in this arrangement, including yellow tree peonies and Cafe au Lait dahlias along with the ones mentioned above (garden roses, white scabiosa, parrot tulips, pale yellow orinthagolum, white asclepias, and viburnum) .


The model just about buckled under the weight of this monster. But I love this shot of her holding it and that it shows the opposite side with the peach garden roses. Whatever it takes to get the shot, huh?


This stunner of a cake is from Erica O'Brien Cake Design out of Connecticut. The subtle peach tone on tone effect with a change in texture is gorgeous and worked so well with the flowers. Her work is complete art and I honestly love every one I see from her.


Beautiful architectural details at Korakia Pensione.





My post last week talked about working with flowers in extreme heat and I referenced a Palm Springs shoot where the bouquet looked as though it were melting. Well, the larger bridal bouquet was what I was talking about. After a few hours out of water, I took it apart and made this sweet little posy from the flowers that held up in the bridal bouquet and vase arrangement (tree peonies, garden roses, orinthagolum, and scabiosa).



That's it for today! I hope you enjoyed seeing more of Lane's photos of everyone's incredible work on this shoot. It was so much fun to be a part of. Check back in a couple days for another (small) post of some little pink arrangements I made a while back. 

Thanks for visiting!!

Vendor Credits

Styling: Naomi Goodman of At First Blush & Company
Hair & Make-Up: Erica Beukelman of 1011 Hair and Make-up
Groom's Bow Tie: Preston & Olivia
Models: Stephen Gizzi and Sarah Bella

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kim! I'm a big fan of your work and I'm so happy you visited the blog!! xo

      Delete
  2. The flowers made the day...for sure! XO I think you have a HUGE HUGE fan in SD now :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so sweet of you to say, thanks Naomi!! The whole team was amazing! ;-)

      Delete