Friday, November 2, 2012

Elopement Shoot ~ Fall Wedding Ideas

This shoot I'm sharing today is hands down, one of my favorites. It was featured on Style Me Pretty's Little Black Book blog this week which was so exciting. I worked with Erica Espana of Twine Events and Lane Dittoe Fine Art Photography to put together a soft and pretty inspiration shoot to give bride's an idea of what to do for an autumn wedding that doesn't scream fall. It was so much fun designing this with Erica, and Lane is always a dream to work with. So chill, funny, and gets the job done fast and absolutely flawlessly. His photos always make me sigh, they're just so beautiful. See for yourself and let me know what you think!


Erica and I decided on an orange, peach, and blue color scheme. I immediately thought of Lenox's pattern "Autumn". I've never loved this china more. I think incorporating soft tones of blue and oatmeal made the china a little less formal and softened the overall feel of it. I made this very large arrangement for the couples table. But I should put a disclaimer in as I've seen some of my designs discussed on other blogs... I do not recommend this large of an arrangement for actual functional use. When I come up with a design for shoots, I think big. My general style is big and beautiful, but I know it's not always liveable. So if this were for an actual event, I would of course make this arrangement smaller. I like to create fantastic imagery for a photographer to capture so the image kind of punches you in the face with beauty. It's not always literal. I may like to eat a meal with flowers in my face, but I understand that's not the general consensus.



Erica worked with Hey There Cupcake and they supplied us with two of the prettiest cakes that worked perfectly with our scheme. And Pitbulls & Posies did it again with their beautiful stationary. I love Amber's line of watercolor papergoods. She just does not stop with her brilliant ideas. 


 





The flowers used for this arrangement were dinner plate dahlias, button dahlias, lisianthus, clematis, spray roses, locally foraged garden roses, ranunculus, pieris, bella donna, blue thistle, and seeded eucalyptus.



The bridal bouquet was made with garden roses, spray roses, calla's, ranunculus, clematis, tweedia, snowberry, and pieris. I wrapped it first with pale blue silk and topped it with cream lace, so that the blue would peek through the lace.




I also  made a little tossing bouquet of basically the same materials as the larger bridal bouquet. I have a lot of brides asking for tossing bouquets lately, so I thought it would be a nice touch to include one here. I added more greenery for this bouquet which is a good idea for keeping the cost down.


Erica and I decided to do two table set-ups and I think this one is my favorite. I brought amber crystal place settings and made the two arrangements in the back of my car. One arrangement is in the amber crystal pitcher and the other is in a little compote. Another great way of bringing in the feel of the season is through your plate and flatware rentals. There are a few, really wonderful, rental companies in Southern CA that specialize in fine china and special place settings to make your wedding completely unique and beautiful. Using them just adds that little touch of high end and can totally change the feel of your event.





Everyone's favorite rental company, Found Rentals, was also incorporated into the shoot and I love their contribution. High end, elegant, antique feel. 



That's it for today! I hope you enjoyed this little shoot and that it inspires you for the coming holiday season. On another note, I apologize if there are formatting problems on your screen. Blogger is having some issues and my posts have been postponed because of it. Hopefully it'll be fixed soon as it's driving me crazy!!

Happy Friday!

Vendor Credits

Event Design + Planning: Twine Events 
Flowers & Styling: Oak and the Owl
Stationery: Pitbulls and Posies
Rentals: Found Rentals
Shoes: Jimmy Choo

2 comments:

  1. I love the use of eucalyptus in the bouquets. It adds a beautiful blueish hint to the greenery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mollie! I use eucalyptus a lot. The greyish blue tone and the drapey feel of it is so lovely. And you're right, I looked at the photos again, and the blue of it totally pops against the peach. xoxo

      Delete