Thursday, June 21, 2012

Hot Pink and Navy Blue ~ Part 2

Hey hey... Long time no post! It's been busy around here with the start of wedding season and I'm just now getting caught up. The first 3 weddings this year have been fantastic and my brides could not have been more beautiful. I'm excited to get the professional photos back so I can share them with you. I've also been busy with my Bass, trying to keep him at home as much as I can while my projects are on the smaller size. I don't want to miss all of his sweetness and growing developments. I feel like I can literally watch him get bigger in front of me, it's going so fast.

Today I wanted to share some more photos from the Love + Marriage = Baby Carriage Photography Workshop. As I mentioned in the first post you can read here, the workshop was held on St. Patrick's Day weekend during one of the biggest storms of the season. Because of that, many of the fantastic plans I had for this shoot had to be scrapped and we ended up shooting in a dark room at the Balboa Bay Club. The photos still ended up beautiful and the details were not lost. Enjoy a few shots of the bridal bouquet and cake table.


For the Bridal bouquet I used hot pink garden roses, ranunculus, parrot tulips, and for greenery I included snowball viburnum, maidenhair fern, and some really amazing and hardy hellebores. Isn't our model gorgeous? She and her real life husband were kind of enough to model for us and they were so cute and obviously in love. It was sweet to hear them tell the story of how they met and when they knew they were in love with each other. Who doesn't like seeing a husband blush and talk about how lucky he feels to have this beautiful woman as his wife? These two wonderful shots of the bride were taken by Teryn Lee Photography.


The rest of these photographs were taken by Kamee June Photography.








I wanted to do a invitation suite for the shoot and ended up using the "Ombre Wedding Invitation" from The Wedding Chicks free customizable and printable invitations from their website. It was SO easy to customize it to the color scheme and enter in the verbage as I wanted it. They have many different designs to choose from and they're all super cute and stylish. Those Wedding Chicks are amazing, they offer so many cool options for weddings and parties. Their free invites saved my booty the night before the shoot and they looked great. I added some gold paper for accent and I was done.



We asked It's All About the Cake in Dana Point, CA, to design a cake for our shoot and they created this white and gold beauty. They were so easy to work with and I would love to collaborate with them again in the future.


So, that's it for today! I'll try and post the third and final installment of this workshop next week, it will include photos of the ceremony altar. For now, I'm off to take Bass out for some "bee hunting", train riding, and running through a water park. :-)

Thanks for visiting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment