Tuesday, August 14, 2012

White and Soft Pink Sample Centerpieces

I made these samples for one of my lovely September brides. I'm starting to get really excited for her wedding. She and her fiance are beyond sweet and so easy to work with. They wanted the flowers to be predominately white, with just a touch of blush and pink. The bride also doesn't like much greenery so I introduced her to dusty miller, which she loved. Dusty also works perfectly with the silver accents she's incorporated in her wedding. Her linens will be blue, but not the linen shown here, they'll be a much darker and matte navy. The flowers and mercury glass containers will pop nicely off of that and work with the slight vintage feel they're trying to include. We're going with two sizes and shapes of arrangements to create a strong impact in the huge ballroom, and the next few photos are of the low vases with tall candle sticks.


The flowers I used for these samples were cafe au lait dahlias, regular white dahlias, white majolica spray roses, double white lisianthus, white ohara garden roses (one of my new favorites!), a pink garden spray rose from Willie Sanchez, and dusty miller. For the actual event I'll probably substitute a few items with garden roses from Rose Lane Farms and include white dinner plate dahlias along with the regular shape.







Here's the taller arrangement that will have lower glass votives tucked underneath. There wasn't room in the budget to have the more traditional tall arrangements on a clear vase/pedestal, so I bought these larger mercury glass vases from Jamali. I'm going to try and get these guys a bit taller with more spread for the actual event. I may use some seeded and silver dollar eucalyptus to achieve a larger size. (I also included some white stock in these arrangements.)





Another perk of this wedding is I get to work with my friend and planner extraordinaire, Erica Espana of Twine Events. This will be our first actual event together after collaborating on several shoots and working freelance for Flowerwild. Erica is such a wonderful and professional person to work with. Her innate calmness is such a blessing at events when something is always guaranteed to go haywire. I can't wait to share the photos from this wedding with you. But until then, I'll be sharing more beautiful shoots. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment