Thursday, April 19, 2012

Whites w/ Kamee June Photography!

This next series of photos comes from my headpiece collaboration with Kamee June Photography. I featured it in a previous blog post and you can read all about it here. It's always difficult to go to market for just one small arrangement as well as super expensive because you have to buy in market bunches. I always end up with so much material left over so I decided to circumvent this issue and bought a little extra to make two sets of bouquets/cakes/vase arrangements, one in whites and the others in dark reds. I took advantage of the free moments during hair and make-up and asked Kamee to take some portfolio photos - which she kindly and generously did. Today I'm covering the white!

Here are two photos of the "white/innocent" side of the headpiece that inspired the rest of the arrangements. Again, you view the whole series by clicking this link.



And here are the arrangements...


I used garden roses, peonies, lisianthus, ranunculas, ornithogalum, hellebores, parrot tulips, hydrangea, and dusty miller in these arrangements. Some had all of these elements and others only had a few.






I have a hard time keeping hellebores alive after I bring it home from market. I find the best solution is to put hot hot water, as hot as it can possibly come from the faucet, into a vase, cut the stems and put the hellebores in. It typically brings them right back after about an hour. But sometimes nothing works and I'm only able to use bits and pieces which always bums me out. So the boutonnieres I made featured most of the hellebores that made it through - which isn't saying much, lol.


As I've mentioned before, I love decorating cakes. I knew it was a bit of an overkill for such a small shoot, but I made a couple of cakes the night before, frosted them with a rough, kind of rustic, icing effect and decorated them with flowers.


That's it for today! I'll post the dark series next week, so keep an eye out for it. In other news, I did a shoot for The Wedding Chicks - one of the best wedding industry blog and website companies. It was photographed by the amazing Lane Dittoe last week and they posted it this past Tuesday. It made Wedding Chicks history by having over 4,000 pins in less than 24 hours! I checked again yesterday and it was at more than 7,000 pins in less than 48 hours. I was blown away and SO excited about it! You can check out their post here. Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment